New Tatkal Ticket Booking Time in IRCTC
Indian Railways serve the passengers by offering the ‘Tatkal’ ticket booking system. The ‘Tatkal’ means immediate. Travellers can book the tickets just before their journey. What the travellers need to do is booking the tickets before 1 day of their journey. The passengers can also book the catering and tourism while booking up the Tatkal tickets. Passenger need to submit PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/ Voter id/ Driving License Dusring Booking/ Journey. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd has made the tatkal booking easy for the passengers. Usually the Tatkal ticket booking starts at 10 am every morning. Recently, Indian Railways has made some changes in Tatkal booking timings. Go through the article for more information on tatkal booking timings, tatkal booking and cancellation information, faqs and more info.
Also Read : IRCTC Rail Connect App Download
IRCTC New Tatkal Ticket Booking Time 2016 – 2017
The IRCTC Tatkal ticket booking during 10 to 12 in the morning is a highly difficult thing for passengers. That’s why the Indian railways have taken the decision to modify the timings of IRCTC tatkal booking from 2016. During 2012- 2013 the tatkal ticket booking time was 8 to 10 am in the morning while the IRCTC has changed the booking tome to 10 am on customer’s request. Check the exact Tatkal booking time for AC Class and Non- Ac (Sleeper / 2nd Class Sleeper) from here below.
New IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Time – How To Book Train Tatkal Ticket Online ? – Process Guide
Tatkal Ticket Booking Time in 2016 : What is IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking Time Today?
New tatkal ticket booking time is now divided into two slots now 10 AM and 11 AM with a new system called IRCTC Lite. This is a promising facility offered by IRCTC to enhance the user experience.
Slot1 – 10AM
For AC Classes:
In all the trains tatkal reservation for AC Classes will be opened at 10 am sharp, just before 1 days from train’s origin station.
Slot2 – 11AM
For Non-AC Classes (Sleeper/2 Sleeper):
In all the trains tatkal reservation for Non-AC Classes will be opened at 11 am sharp, just before 1 days from train’s origin station.
Why tatkal ticket booking time changes has been done by Indian Railway?
The Indian Railways has introduced the IRCTC Lite App to enhance the tatkal ticket / normal ticket bookings. The Tatkal booking process made easy with this IRCTC Lite version. With this IRCTC Lite it is possible to book the tickets even during the rush hours. Check more details from here.
What About IRCTC Agents Timing?
Railway says IRCTC agents will now be stopped from booking the tickets for 30 minutes:
- From the opening of bookings – from 8 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. for general bookings,
- From 10 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. for Tatkal AC classes and
- From 11 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. for Tatkal non-AC classes
TATKAL Booking Cancellation Returns
Railway senior official says that “Currently there is no refund amount if passenger cancels there Confirmed tatkal ticket but now Railway is planning to provide 50% of total fare of Tatkal ticket on cancellation”
What is IRCTC Lite:
IRCTC Lite Version is basically the same as the current IRCTC tatkal conspire, with the exception of the way that all undesirable and unessential components are dispensed with during this peak hour of booking. End of extra services cut downs the heap and upgrades the speed of booking an exchange.
Such as, IRCTC Lite office doesn’t permit any advertisements, pictures, highlights, and so on which are unessential to tatkal booking.
The ‘Plan My Travel’ area is mechanized with a list of stations. What’s more, in the ‘My Transactions’ segment, the services like cancelation history, discount status, and so on are not accessible under new plan just during the peak hours.
The new IRCTC benefit got a promising welcome! Soon after the dispatch of this office IRCTC Lite, the average bookings were increased, claims the GM, IRCTC.
The positive and component of IRCTC Lite are the planning! The no-frill Lite framework with a reward of thirty minutes makes the tatkal booking a bother free process.
What are the issues all Indian face while tatkal ticket booking time
- Login Problem: This had been the most concerning issue in Indian Railway’s site we have been confronting. So as to book tatkal ticket we should sign in 3-5 minutes before in the IRCTC onlinesite however right now the movement is gigantic so 90% individuals can’t sign in. Coincidentally, Indian Railways has overcome to this issue by bringing IRCTC Lite Concept on same site www.irctc.co.in after this change, one can undoubtedly login into the online site whenever with no bother.
- Session Expire: As you have to sign in 3 to 5 minutes before in the Portal, some of the time it happens session get lapsed. This is on account of IRCTC site has Session Expiration include in view of Minutes (5 minutes) now to all through the Agents who make a sign in 30 minutes before the tatkal ticket booking time and continue tapping on any connection to keep the session alive.
- Number of Queries: Again new idea presented :-/Indian Railways brought new idea called “Limitation in number of questions per session”. If you sign in 5 minutes before tatkal ticket booking time and snaps more than 25 times on any connection in online site then session will get terminated and you will get one error message as “Number of queries exceeded”. This idea is acquainted with dispense with spam from the site. However, IRCTC is ‘https://” implies SSL (Secured attachment Layer) however I mean of Spam is guests who utilizes any script to automate the tatkal ticket booking process.
- Captcha Filing: Did you ever see the captcha during Normal ticket booking and Tatkal ticket booking time is very shocking. During tatkal ticket booking time, the captcha is difficult to peruse such a large number of times you battle to enter a right captcha and proceed.
FAQs About Tatkal Ticket Booking
Que1. Will I book tatkal ticket whenever in on the online?
Ans. No, you can’t. Tatkal ticket cannot be reserved whenever. there are particular hours to book tatkal tickets online that ie. 10am for AC mentors and 11 am for SL mentors on the regular schedule. The time is same for both Online e-ticket and counter ticket.
Que2. What number of tickets can be reserved at once in TATKAL?
According to the IRCTC new rules, one client is allowed to book just 2(two) tatkal tickets from one IP deliver between 10 am to 12 twelve.